Thursday, April 1, 2010

What the Hell was That?

Some of you may be wondering what the hell that last post was about. Well, a buddy at work was asking about the Blog, and I said “there isn't that much to write about.” “So why don't you make something up.” It was like an epiphany! As long as I'm not trying to convince anyone of some absolute blarney & jive, I figured it could be a lot of fun!

So what is happening? Plenty, and it's damn exciting, but it's hard to translate it to text. For example, not only is she grasping things now, Calli has realized that smacking certain toys will produce sounds and melodies. I find it absolutely amazing to watch her develop these skills that we take for granted, and to lay the mental ground-work necessary for everything else she'll learn, but who reads a Blog to find out that a six-month-old smacked a plastic tea pot to hear a jingle?

We've also learned that she doesn't like peas. Carrots are fine, but she makes quite the face when we try feeding her peas. Then she forgets, tries another mouthful, and makes the face that reminds me of the time a friend found a moth in a cookie. (that part's true, she was house-sitting, so had no idea how long those cookies had been in the cupboard. That'll learn ya!) Soon, Calli would just spit on the spoon.

She's really developing into quite the character. It's amazing how she'll light-up when she sees one of us. There's nothing better for making me feel like a million buck, especially after work when I feel like a million bucks just ran over me.

And there you have it, several weeks of development, and that's as entertaining as I can make it. Is it any wonder I presented some bullshit about Faeries and paper mache hippo's?

2 comments:

  1. Now you'll have plenty to blog about. My kids are all grown so those days are gone, but now I get to see it with my 18 month old granddaughter.

    I am now a follower of your blog and you are part of the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge. Your link is on my sidebar so you should hopefully start getting some visits. Do you think you can still get up an "A" post up for today? If not you can start on "B" tomorrow. Looking forward to your participation and thanks for joining us.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, can I borrow your baby? Adam won't lend me his.

    ReplyDelete