Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Little Banff

Again, I'm rushing to get something up for the Alphabet Challenge. The odd thing is, I wasn't at work yesterday, but I can hardly call it a 'Day Off.' We checked out a couple Daycare's, and believe we've found the one for us! The first one we visited seemed to be someone new to the game; when we asked about security latch's for drawers & cupboards, she said “I could get them...” First Aid? “I could renew it...” To be fair, the kids that were there seemed to be well-adjusted and in good spirits, so I'm sure she's doing a fine job. The second one has First Aid (as did her 14-year-old daughter), fourteen years experience (Coincidence? Not really) and had take-home sheets for every day stating what the child ate, their mood, how much play time they had, health issues & evacuations (a polite term for a poop-journal). We were duly impressed, and had agreed on her before we left her driveway. I said “if she'd offered me a coffee, I'd have wrote a check on the spot.” Then we had dinner with a friend & her parents, which dove-tails nicely into “L.”

These friends own & operate an RV park called Little Banff. It's such a charming place with about 50 trailers, one functioning cabin, and water-front to a shallow lake that warms-up easily! When Andrea & I take time off for our anniversary in July, we always spend a few nights in one of their rental trailers, and it's always a good time. The owners were both in our wedding party, and are some of our dearest friends.

Last night, we had dinner with them, and it was the first time since early March that we were able to sit & visit. The park's still closed for the season, so it was pretty quiet, but when it's in full-swing, it's a very social atmosphere. There are plenty of long-term renters, but they always make new-comers feel welcome. We've always felt welcome to join a conversation, or take a seat by someone's fire. Of course, we usually bring the dog, so he's a natural conversation-starter! And he's really sociable with anybody.

Also note-worthy, Calli didn't get too stormy last night! The last few times we went to visit family, she'd get cranky, and made-strange with the men present. Last night, she was fine with the other 2 men present, and made it to almost 9 before her fatigue caught-up with her. YAY, PROGRESS!!

Before I sign-off, I want to give a heart-felt thanks to all of you who have been by to read & comment! Without your input, I doubt I'd have the motivation to keep this up! You ROCK!

7 comments:

  1. It feels great to know that you've put your child in good hands while you work. Fun post and I enjoyed reading it (really) even though I don't have much to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of putting future children of mine into day care makes me want to curl up into a ball and die. So I'm really happy you found one that you like and trust. I had a SAHM so I never went to day care. Maybe if I had, I would be more comfortable with the idea. Maybe I will be rich enough to hire a nanny? (A good one, not the one who leaves the children in a bed of knives while she goes off to snort cocaine.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased you have found suitable childcare,
    It's so important that both you as parents and the child is happy.
    Seems like you had a good day all round. It makes all the difference to have a good time once in a while.
    As for thanking about comments, I comment because you write a good blog every day.
    Take care.
    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing a good job with the challenge. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah its come to that time to have to put her in daycare eh? Well as much as that is going to suck at the same time it will be nice to know she is going to be well taken care of and playing with other kids while you two are at work. Sounds like you had a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something I'll never have to deal with I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it's hard leaving them at daycare. I wish you the best of luck when you first have to do it. Though it does get easier :o) hehe

    ReplyDelete