Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fading Fast!

In the middle of writing my last post, I went upstairs (computer's tucked-away in the basement) to refill my coffee, and asked Andrea, “What was that thing that happened this morning that we were doubled-over laughing about?” and neither of us could remember. If I didn't know better, I'd say that sleep-deprivation wasn't good for my...thing my head does...with the words and pictures of things that happened.

Turns out, it had to do with our re-packaging songs to sing to Callie. Years ago, I would sing a song to Andrea to the tune of Cookie Monster's “C is for Cookie:”

“B is for Boobie, is good enough for me (3x)
Boobie Boobie Boobie, Boobie starts with B”

It had been a couple of years, so when Andrea dusted off this ol' chestnut as an Ode to Callie's Grub, she couldn't quite remember how it went. What she came up with was,

“Boobie Boobie Boobie, Boobie starts with B,
“Boobie Boobie Boobie, you can put it in your tea.”

Well you could skip the sugar. Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about! We've all been curious!

And that's as far as I got before I had a brain-cramp of epic proportions. Twice, I tried to write more, but all I got was crap, and you deserve better! Hell, I was up for half an hour today before I thought to put my coffee on – no ones more shocked than me!

That, and I'm laughing at the stupidest shit, like a TV clip that called Oatmeal “That hit of 1840” I need a solid 8 hours sleep; now I know what to ask for for Christmas!

9 comments:

  1. And guess what, Santa ain't delivering... lol.

    I feel for you I do and there is a chance, my oldest slept all night at 3 1/2 weeks..no shit really
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, there a higher likelihood of there being no rest for the wicked, as they say. My son was over a year old before he slept through the night...the bags under my eyes were so big, they'd slipped onto my cheekbones. Yay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know whether to rejoice or weep! Right now, we're setting the schedule until she's gained back some of her weight. I understand that it's normal for newborns to drop some ounces, but it's still a little freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Will, thanks for weighing in on the question on my blog. I do appreciate it.
    I have replied to your comment on my blog as I don't see you email address here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max slept through the night at eight weeks. Grace, on the other hand, was five-years not months or weeks-old before she slept through the night.

    Sometimes you'll find that the random laughing gives way to hysterical tears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha, you want sleep. me too

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a coin-toss, alright. We went 4 hrs last night (I slept through the alarm), so I'm hoping she'll sleep through the night soon. She's already awake more through the day, so I've got my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My 15 yo still hates to sleep...

    You have an award on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma was 2 months and Brytni was 1 month when they started sleeping through the night...hopefully it runs in the family!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete