Sunday, July 4, 2010

Vacation! Huzzah! (that's Hebrew for 'Hurrah!')

I'm going to be gone for a few days; at 4:30 today, I'm starting vacation, and we're going to our friend's RV park. They always spoil us with a great trailer for our anniversary get-away, and fortunately, they were spared last week's tornado, though they were only about 20 kms (15 miles?) away.

Now, if I was one of those super-duper daily Bloggers, capable of bending the laws of time and space to get daily posts up, my absence would be more obvious. But I only got one post up last week, so I thought I'd drop ya'll a quick note to let you know my most recent excuse for being away. It will be more obvious in your Comment spaces, where I make an effort to let you know that I've been by with whatever poignancy I can offer with the one hand I'm not feeding the baby with.

Wish us luck with keeping some semblance of routine with Callie in a strange environment. See you real soon, and to our Southern neighbors, Happy July 4th. (You may have noticed that I didn't have a Grand Canada Day Extravaganza. It's not that I don't love my country, but I just got absorbed with my little suburban corner of the world.)

14 comments:

  1. Have a lovely time on Vacation but don't forget to return to us.
    Safe Journey, Happy July 4th.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an awesome time, and happy July 4th to you :D I can't remember the last time I went to a caravan park (I'm a Brit, we know not of these RVs of which you speak :P). Everytime I've gone to one, it's been awesome. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happens!
    Enjoy your vacation, Will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a nice relaxing vacation.....hahahaha! You'll soon see that travelling with a toddler is more of a "trip" than a "vacation". tee hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun.. and it will be harder next year when Callie is walking and you are just following her around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're having a really fabulous vacation, Will! And I will do that naked dance to ward off tornados this week!

    And I love that Huzzah is Hebrew--I didn't know. Mostly I only know how to swear *shifty* It is the company I keep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh...I spent a recent weekend at an RV campground, and I will hope for your sake that you do not have a large german shepherd with a penchant for shi tzus. A toast to mosquito repellelant and air-conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Will .. enjoy the break and just being away and being together ..

    Have fun .. enjoy the week .. Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. 向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。............................................................

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your vacation Will! And your awesome Asian comments too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had (are having) a blast on vacation!

    ReplyDelete