Friday, April 22, 2011

I Read A Romance.


Harlequin has begun a new imprint that mixes Romance with Reality (have they exhausted their expansive repertoire?) Called “True Vous.” They take people's real-life romance and from an extensive questionnaire, they novelize it. So, if you're involved in a stellar romance relationship with an intriguing back-story, you may have an avenue to get your story told.

That's just what a friend of mine did. Her story of how she met her husband and their whirlwind romance spanning several years and half of Southern Ontario.

I read it, and honestly, it's a romance. The first I've ever read, so I have no frame of reference. After the first 50 pages or so, I was able to get into the story since it got past the trembling-caresses-and-voices-husky-with-desire part. Then there were the actual “love scenes.” I skimmed over those. They are friends of mine, and there are certain visuals that I just don't need. I got especially interested when Andrea & I were mentioned. That's right, your truly has a cameo in this book. Andrea has been friends with her for years, and she and her husband have become dear friends of mine as well.

I's called “Victoria's Got A Secret.” If I tell you what the secret is, it won't be much of a spoiler, since it's on the back-cover blurb. She is Victoria Sinclair, the first anchor of the Naked News. This isn't your average internet undressing affair; it's a classy, intelligent program. On Tuesday, as part of the A-Z Blogfest, I will be having an interveiw with Victoria Sinclair right here, so be sure to tune in!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I'll have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look forward to the interview Will,
    The book sounds great, Hoope it goes on sell here.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brave man! Then again, I did read some of Anne's Regency romance story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *laughs at "voices husky with desire"* I enjoy an occasional romance, but honestly there has to be real story. This does look like there is a real story here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Day Will, thanks you for calling by and leaving a lovely comment.

    May all of your family enjoy a Happy Easter.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's actually a really cool idea. I would be skipping over the sex scenes too if it was friends of mine. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read a romance (other than a few rom com's, a totally different thing) since I was teen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm .... naked newscasters. Well, as long as they're sitting behind their desks. I'd have to change the channel when its the weather man's turn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great story. I wouldn't want to read the saucy bits about my friends either. Look forward to the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a new venue for Harlequin. Interesting that so much is turning to reality.

    Nice to meet you on A to Z.

    Monti
    NotesAlongTheWay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what an interesting thing to have out there. I definitely would NOT want my friends in on the relationship, and I wouldn't want the sexual details of my friends.

    I am chuckling about you skimming the TMI bits, but it is fun to be in a book!

    ReplyDelete