Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The worst part about having toddlers...

There are a few things that I've noticed since the toddler TV shows have taken residence in our home. The first may very well be the worst part about having kids. The jingly theme songs have a way of sticking in one's head. Now that I'm working in the parking lot, I don't have the distractions to keep them at bay, so I can be tormented for an unreasonable amount of time.

Barney isn't half as annoying as I've been led to believe. Of course, the first episode I saw had him saying how much he loved books. That fellow's alright with me.

My opinion of Bert & Ernie is the same as it was when I was five. What else could one infer from a pair of guys who share a room and argue a lot? They act like brothers. That's it. So if those who see otherwise could please retire the homophobic bullocks now, that would be super.

But those guys in the tights? They are certainly wearing cups. That shape is just to regular to be naturally occurring, no matter how much they avoid manscaping.

There's something I found really exciting. The Cat In The Hat is voiced by Martin Short. Said Cat was also played by Mike Meyers (that move was great, by the by). Jim Carrey played Horton (who heard a Who) and the Grinch. Have you spotted the pattern? It takes a Canadian to properly portray Dr Seuss. Does that make up for our action-hero shortage? Well, we make up for it in our “Love Scenes.” Those are hard to beat, this side of the Atlantic, anyway.

10 comments:

  1. For some reason, I can't veiw my Followers, eithr on this page, or through the Dashboard. If you're new here, please be patient, and I'll stop by as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the post Will all the joys of parenthood.

    Hope Blogger isn't playing tricks again.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Seuss characters must be challenging!
    And I don't know the characters in tights - and I don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who the guys in tights are, either, and like Alex, I treasure my ignorance.

    And I'm sure I speak for no one else in the US when I say that I'm totally happy for Canadians to bring the Seuss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been having the same problem with the followers... I used to love Sesame Street as a child... and you're right about Barney too.. I used to have to watch it with my sister, and surprisingly, it grew on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always liked Ernie and Bert. I agree with you - no sexual overtones or undertones in that show...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Wiggles creep me out and I never liked Barney. I'm extremely picky and don't have children. They work for kids, though. Bright colors, songs and dancing. It's really good for their development.

    Now, Elmo on the other hand. He rocked my world. Also a big fan of the Wuzzles and Rainbow Bright. But that's another era lost amongst the crap TV pushes these days. *Tear*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankfully all of my toddlers are growing up. My youngest is 7 and oldest is 17. Yes, we have been down the Barney path 5 times. I think at one time I owned every video made. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Will I am sending a comment about your wife being ill. I had bad liver fuctioning problems years ago caused by medication. Hope all is well now.

    A few weeks ago I had problems commenting of followers post. My name came up as anaoymous, someone told me to untick the "Keep me signed in box" I did that my name showed up on people's post.all's been well since.

    It must be awful for you to write blogs and not getting any replies I got through on an old post of yours.
    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just read another post of yours, Good luck with the book. hope you can get your pc problems sorted soon, surely there must be someone who has the appropriate knowledge.
    Take care.
    Yvonne.
    I can't get through on the right post but go to one which already has comments.

    ReplyDelete